100 Word Olympic Challenge – week 37

Here is this week’s challenge from Mrs Skinner.

The Olympics are coming to London at the end of July! We couldn’t miss this wonderful opportunity to get involved. I have asked some Olympians, past and present, for a quote about how it makes them feel:-

Being a Paralympian is living the dream. Everyday you get to do what you love to do and work towards great things’ – Stephen Miller, Paralympic Athlete – 3 x Paralympic Gold Medallist
It feels amazing finally being selected for the games! I’ve only dreamt about this moment since a young child and now all the hard work that I’ve put in from being a youngster has paid off and I’ve got a once in a lifetime opportunity and I intend to grab it with both hands and do myself, coach, family and nation proud.- HOLLY Bleasedale, British record holder and World indoor medalist pole vaulter

‘To become an Olympian takes Courage, Determination & Focus, but most of all Teamwork. If you don’t have teamwork you can’t make the Dream work.’ – Chris Cook, Commonwealth, World & European Medalist & Olympic Finalist.
‘To be able to compete at any Olympic games is amazing but to compete at a home Games is an honour. I am honoured to be part of Team GB’ – Holly Lam-Moores, handball team
‘Setting a goal that commanded my thoughts, liberated my energy and inspired my hopes led to me becoming an Olympian’ – Mark Richardson, former 400m Olympic runner
Most of us will never know what it feels like to represent our country but to try to get into the Olympic spirit, the prompt is:-
… my race was about to begin when…

As usual you have 100 words to add to these 7 making 107 altogether.

Please remember to visit other entries to leave some comments.

This entry was posted in 100 Word Challenge, Latest 100 Word Challenge. Bookmark the permalink.